Sunday, May 17, 2009

My first Mothers Day


Yes I know this is a late posting - but I wanted to share this beautiful picture that Chris was able to snap of all 4 of us before Taylor starting hollering! LOL
My first Mothers Day was wonderful! It was a wonderful feeling to be more than just a fur baby momma but I also struggled that day for all my beautiful wonderful friends who were unable to celebrate Mothers Day this year and for whom this day was heartbreaking. I know that infertility has forever shaped me and I am proud of who it has made me, but at the same time, it will always be a very raw emotion for me because we struggled with it for as long as we did and know first hand just how horrible these types of "Hallmark Holidays" really are for us. Yes, I still say "us" because although I have been blessed and lucky enough to come out on the other side of the fight with 3 beautiful daughters, I will NEVER forget what it felt like every year when this day would come around and I would just want to crawl in a hole and die - but I grinned and bore it because My Mother, Mother in Law, and sister deserved to be honored.
So, better late than never, but I say Happy Mothers Day to everyone whether you are a fur baby momma, a God Mother, an Auntie, a daughter, grandmother or mother - we are all mothers to something or someone and our contribution matters in that life.

4 comments:

Candi said...

So glad you had a great Mother's Day!

Kate said...

Glad you had a great first Mother's Day! It was definitely a long time coming.

Mon said...

That is such a sweet picture !!! Happy belated mother's day :)

C said...

Gosh, you got me all teary eyed :) What a beautiful picture Sherry! You and the girls look so pretty!

Cece