Monday, June 3, 2013

My first 5K....

Chris and I have made a commitment to get healthy this year. We have been working out with the Insanity DVD's and watching our diets. It is SO much easier to do it with another person and I'm so happy that other person is Chris. He has lost almost 60lbs since February and I've lost 14 since the beginning of April. He looks amazing and I am so proud of him for sticking to it!

One of my small goals was to participate in a 5K. My friend Kim invited me to do the Glow Run / Walk with her. It was a 5k at night and you were encouraged to wear things that glowed. We decided to dress up like Bumble Bees! After I signed up with Kims team, I found out that my sister and brother in law were participating as well so we all met at the run and had a great time!

Kim and I as Bees.... Buzzzzz

Glowing

My sister and I after the run

My medal for finishing

It was so much fun! We had a wonderful time!

My second goal was to finish the Insanity series which Chris and I completed at the end of May. Goal number three is to lose enough weight to get into "Onederland" and finally get down to my goal weight and size and be that smoking hot mom at the park that everyone is jealous of! HA! Ok - maybe not THAT mom, but I will be able to run and ride bikes with the girls and keep up! I want to see my great grandchildren!!!! 

No comments: