Saturday, May 17, 2014

Dreams...

I've had some pretty crazy dreams my entire life. I firmly believe dreams are our subconscious selves working through things.
The last dream I had that has stuck with me was about Nikki.
I dreamed that we were at a wedding and were getting dressed.  It was an outdoor wedding and I decided to wear a dress so I was going to shave my legs. When I looked down I noticed that I had a plant with purple flowers growing out of the back of my leg and left ankle.
I was physically ill thinking that I needed to pull them out but I was terrified to do it. Finally I gathered my courage and pulled it out.
They both came out painlessly however the one by my ankle I had to work out of my skin and the plant ended up being about a foot long.
It was a very bizarre dream and I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to gleen from it so I shared it with my best friend,  Amy who can really pull meaning from dreams.
She said that she felt like the plant represented Nikki as it presented itself as something with deep roots that was also beautiful.  Purple was Niks favorite color as well. The location of the plant was in the same place that I have a memorial tattoo for her as well.
The setting of a wedding meant new beginnings. Nikkis widower, Gary, had moved on and is considering getting married again. 
She said she felt like this was Nik telling me that she was ok with Gary moving on and with whom he's chosen.  It makes total sense and I choose to believe that was the meaning behind it.
I also appreciate the sweet visit from a dear friend whom I miss beyond expression.  
It's nice to know she's still around and letting me know she's still here.
Love you Nik....

No comments: