Sunday, May 4, 2008

Meeting with the new clinic

Well, I signed the consent form yesterday to save my spot and had an initial exam with the Dr. His name is Dr.Kevin Doody and I liked him a lot. He didn't treat us like a "young couple", he talked to us like we actually had brains! Go figure....
He said that my PCOS was “textbook” and that he would rather have to treat someone like me versus treating someone who doesn’t respond well to the medicine. He is concerned about OHSS (Ovary hyper stimulation syndrome) of course… but since I have been through this basically before with my IUI’s, then he is a little less concerned.

Looks like I will have to take one more trip down there for testing and then we will go for the 2 -3 weeks. I will have to take BCP for 3 weeks which I was disappointed about, but I understand the reasoning behind it. Will also take Lupron, Follistim, Menopur, and then the progesterone, but the study will provide that.

We have to pay for my meds, Chris’s testing and SA which will be about $400.00 and then the $1,200 for the study + travel and stuff while we are down there.

Chris’s brother has a time share, so he is going to talk to him about borrowing it during that time. If not, then I have some research to do because I think we might take our dog with us, so I need to find a place that will accept pets. I am just very uncomfortable leaving Cass for that long with her age and all, and I would never forgive myself if something happened to her while we were gone, so it would make the trip less stressful for me if she was with us. Plus I miss her like crazy when we leave her! I hate leaving her! She’s my baby!!!! LOL

This trip was very quick but the hotel was pretty nice, although since I didn’t know exactly where the Dr’s office was compared to the airport (and didn’t think to ask), our hotel was like 40 minutes from the Dr’s. – Definitely don’t want to deal with that again – I had forgotten how stupid they drive in Dallas and how confusing it is! LOL Also, MapQuest totally sent us the wrong way, so we will definitely buy a Tom Tom before we go back again!

Hoping that once we get down there for the 3 weeks, that we will be able to take a trip to San Antonio at least once and maybe show Chris where I used to live/work.

More to come.....

No comments: