Friday, June 13, 2008

My Meds

I finally got THE call yesterday. The pharmacy called and confirmed my prescription for all the medicine that I will need for our IVF cycle. I was initially supposed to be on Menopur and Follistim but I found out that my doctor only wants to start off with the Menopur and then based on my reaction to that medicine the Follistim may or may not be added in. I am a little concerned about that because I don't know how I react to this medicine but I am putting my faith in the doctors that they know what they are doing.
The one good thing about not using the Follistim is that the meds were much cheaper than I was thinking they would be so that was a pleasant surprise. I had them shipped to Amy's house since she was going to be home all day and could sign for them, so I would like to publicly thank Amy for being my dealer. LOL Love you girlie!
As for the other meds, I started birth control pills (BCP) on Tuesday and am doing ok so far on them. The brand name is Portia which I have never heard of before - but so far so good. 9 days left! Yippee!
I hope to receive my IVF calendar soon so that we can start planning the trip back to Dallas. Think that I will start the Lupron on Friday but not sure....

No comments: