Monday, June 9, 2008

My name is Sherry and I am a spoiled brat!

What is it about your own home that just makes everything better? Neither Chris nor I slept well last night, both woke up feeling icky and both had headaches. Chris was miserable on the flight home because he got stuck in the middle and the guy in front of him put his seat back, so my 6'6" husband was slammed into an airline seat that wouldn't have even been comfortable for me who is a foot shorter! So on top of already feeling icky he also had to deal with pain in his hip which for a normal person wouldn't be a huge deal, but for someone who has had hip replacement surgery - not a great thing to be stuck in one position for an extended period of time. Thankfully the flight was only an hour and half so we weren't miserable for too long. Once we got home, everything felt better. Our headaches went away as did our general malaise. The only lingering complaint we have is fatigue which is expected....
My father - in - law came and picked us up at the airport and wanted to run an experiment on our pooch. He wanted to see what Cassie would do if he came in and let her out like he has been doing for the last 10 days and then while she was outside Chris and I would come in. So, Dutch came in and let her out and Chris and I snuck into the house and sat on the couch. Dutch let her back in and she went running straight for the cookie room (mud room to normal people) and then noticed me sitting on the couch. She ran into the living room and then turned around and ran back into the kitchen by the cookie room! She barked at Dutch and then looked over her shoulder back at Chris and I and barked at us. She was so confused she didn't know what to do - so she just sat down in the kitchen and barked at us! LOL Crazy dog!!! Gosh I missed her!
So, after being gone for 10 days and living in a hotel I have come to the (not so surprising) conclusion that I am a spoiled brat! I miss my couch, my sleep number bed, my extra large garden tub and shower, my refrigerator with the water and ice in the door - I miss it all. Could I live without all of those - undoubtedly - Do I want to? Heck no! Will I? You bet I will because its for a wonderful opportunity and cause - but don't think I won't whine and complain that I want my things!!!! LOL

1 comment:

..Soo.See.. said...

Omg these druggies have me wacky! I teared up reading abt cassie and your homecoming! Omg! Its happening again. Ok bye, im at work, can't let this happen here... lol