Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The 3's.....

Ok I got tagged by Leann so here we go!

Let's have a little fun and get to know Sherry. Here is how it works:
List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 surprise facts about you & then 3 people you want to tag!

3 joys
1. My husband - I feel so lucky to be married to Chris. If you all don't know our "love story", its definitely one for the books. Long story short.... we met in high school, grew apart and went our separate ways and then found each other again years later and have been together since then. He is the only person in this world that I am comfortable with no matter what situation we are in. We can talk each others ears off or we can sit next to each other for hours not saying a word and be perfectly happy. I don't ever have to worry about him, he is where he said he will be and I know, in my heart of hearts, that he will NEVER lie to me. He is the love of my life, my angel....

2. My niece and nephews - I have THE cutest niece and nephews in the entire world. Granted, I am sure that I am certainly biased but I can't help it! They not only bring great joy and pride to my life, but they are so loving and I can't help but watch them and day dream about what our children will be like.

3. Family - I have come to realize in the last couple of years how important family is and what my definition of family is. My definition not only includes my immediate family, who I love and cherish, but also several of my friends who have stood beside me and been there for me through the hardest times in my life and I love them.

3 fears
1. Losing control - I have this great need to be able to control things. The joke between me and my best friend is that I am a typical 'Leo' however, while I don't have the need to control EVERY thing that is going on, there are certain things that I do need to control. For example, we have not been able to connect to the internet for about 4 days and I have not been able to get online and check my email at work. It gave me great anxiety not to be able to do something that I said I would be able to do. Once we were able to finally get online today, I could take a deep breath. Stupid I know, but it is what it is... I have a way of doing things and I know the people that cover for me at work don't do it that way and it bothers me so I have a hard time letting it go.

2. Spiders, bugs, moths - They freak me out to the point where I have actually gotten into a car accident because a bug landed on me! I can't stand them! They freak me out!!!

3. Never being a mother - Chris and I have struggled with infertility for almost 6 years and while I have great hope that this next round of treatment will work - there is always this voice in the back of my head going "But... what if....what if...." I hate that voice and try to ignore it, but it is strong and loud and sometimes I can't block him out.

3 goals
1. Finish my Masters Degree - I don't know how long it will take, but I would love to get my MBA. I just graduated with my Associates in Business Management and it was one of the proudest days of my life! I am now onto the Bachelors so I am on my way!!!

2. Visit Italy and Ireland - I will see Italy and Ireland before I die. I will look up my ancestors and tour the castles. I will complete the journey that my grandfather always dreamed of but never was able to do.

3. Learn Italian - I want to learn to speak Italian fluently. I really believe in family heritage and passing down traditions and family stories and wish that was something that my grandparents deemed important enough to pass onto my mother because I know she would have taught us the language if she knew it.

3 current obsessions/collections
1. My Space / Baby Center / Blogging / Texting / IMing - I have an obsession. I need an intervention. Its a serious problem. :D

2. Paranormal - I am very interested in the paranormal and read and watch anything that I can on the subject. I have always been curious about it since I had an experience as a child that scared the bejeebies out of me. Since then, I have had several other "visits" from my grandparents, mostly my grandma Betty, and I am not scared anymore. I find it wonderfully interesting and impressive. One of these days I want to go on a real paranormal investigation. It is said that there are several haunted places in our hometown.

3. Carousel Horses - I have been collecting carousel horses for years. Ceramic, snow globes, wooden, glass - it doesn't matter. If its a carousel horse, I want it!

3 surprise facts about me
1. I can be very judgmental - it is something that I work on daily and I try really hard to be very cognizant of this shortfall.

2. I want twins - I have always wanted twins. I know they are a lot of work and some people think that they get cheated because they never have their own "spotlight" - but I want them and hope and pray for them. However, I will be ecstatic with whatever God chooses to bless us with.

3. I believe in aliens and believe that they are already on Earth with us - I think its pretty arrogant to believe that in the billions and billions of years of evolution that we are the only species in the universe.

3 bloggers to tag
1. Cece
2. Chelsea
3. Joy

Don't be a party pooper...pass it on!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Very interesting the facts you shared. I hope all is going well with your study. And i have already done my 3'S. You can check them out if you want.