Wednesday, July 16, 2008

As my niece says..... "All Done!"

Today was egg retrieval day! Yeah! They ended up getting 28 eggs! The embryologist was very happy with that number and said it gave them a lot to work with. She will call us tomorrow to let us know how many fertilized.
We went to the office this morning at 7:45 and I was in the OR by 8:45. The anesthesiologists asked if I was feeling anything and I said "No" and the next thing I remember I was waking up in recovery with cold feet! LOL
I am doing really well - pretty sore. We got back to the hotel about 11:00 and Chris went to get lunch. After I ate, I fell asleep for like 4 hours. It felt so good! I am still sore but the heating pad worked wonders!
Can't wait to see how many fertilized! Will find out tomorrow and also find out what progesterone I will be assigned for the study! Thank you to everyone who send me well wishes in email and texts! It meant a lot to know you all were thinking about me!

1 comment:

C said...

Hi Sherry,

So glad to hear things went so well!! Congrats on having so many eggs! YOU GO GIRL!!! Can't wait to hear the fert report. Wishing you the best!

Cece